The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is one of the most effective ways for immigration to Canada. According to the Canadian immigration website, the provinces in Canada are welcoming increasing number of migrants under the provincial nomination scheme. In 2017, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has raised its target for immigrants to be accepted through the Provincial Nominee Program to 51,000, thus establishing Canada as a nation with open borders and immigrant friendly.
Base PNP Canada immigration
The Base PNP – Canada immigration enables provinces to nominate candidates who do not satisfy eligibility criteria for Express Entry Program (EEP). The base PNP is an alternate avenue for immigration to Canada. The applicant in this case has to just satisfy the eligibility conditions of the respective province and he will be eligible for immigration to Canada. However, the candidate who desires to immigrate to Canada through the base Provincial Nomination Scheme has to undergo a two-step process
1. He will need to satisfy the criteria for the respective Canada PNP program and apply for it to get a nomination certificate
2. On receiving the nomination certificate, he will need to apply to the federal government The federal government will then check his application from various points of view including finance, health, medical background and will grant Canada PR visa if everything is satisfactory
Enhanced PNP Canada Immigration
The enhanced PNP – Canada immigration connects the PNP with the federal Express Entry Program. It is open to individuals who satisfy eligibility criteria for immigration to Canada under the federal Express Entry Program, These candidates have to follow the steps as outlined below
1. Apply for Express Entry and enter the Express Entry pool
2. Apply for and successfully obtain the PNP nomination from their chosen province
3. On receiving nomination the candidates receive 600 additional points out of 1200 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System.
4. These bonus points, will almost certainly cause the candidate to be selected in the next Canada Express Entry draw.
5. Applicants who can be eligible for immigration under the Canada Express Entry Scheme as well as those who are not eligible for Express Entry Program can apply for Canada immigration through the Provincial Nominee Program.
What are the eligibility criteria for immigration under Provincial Nominee Program?
Each Province and territory in Canada has laid out its own unique set of rules and eligibility criteria for Provincial nomination. The provisions for immigration through the PNP program are generally made for three different types of immigrants
1. Applicants who have a valid job offer in the province, with an employer who is willing to sponsor them
2. Applicants who are looking for a job in the province, and
3. Applicants who are self-employed.
There are a number of programs under the PNP in Canada which are region specific to unique sets of rules and guidelines:
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
Nova Scotia Nominee Program
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program
Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program
Newfoundland Provincial Nominee Program
North West Territories Provincial Nominee Program
Yukon Provincial Nominee Program